Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Graduation

Fifty-five years ago, my brother, Phil, graduated from high school.

This is Phil, in his graduation robe, standing in front of our house. That's our mom on the porch.

Phil's Senior Picture

Last week, Phil's first grandson, my great-nephew, Curtis, graduated from high school. Phil died in an auto accident, when his children, Beckie and Dave, were only five and two, respectively. So Phil never got to see his own children grow up, get married, and have families of their own. But I did. And I know he'd be "bustin' his buttons" with pride to see them now.

On Curtis' Graduation Night
Left to right: Curtis' maternal grandmother; his brother, Carson; his mom, Katrina; Curtis; his brother, Cooper; and his dad, Dave.

That's Dave's sister, Beckie, between Carson and Curtis.


These pictures, above and below, are Curtis' senior pictures.
(Photo credit to Signature Portrait Studio, Winona Lake, Indiana)


He's grown into a young man who makes his family very proud.


6 comments:

  1. that's really awesome. i know your heart is full of pride, too. :) i loved the photo of your brother in his cap and gown and your mom in the background. just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he would be so proud of these children. I am happy that you are there to celebrate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely and heartwarming post, Linda, and the photos are beautiful! Your brother was a handsome man, and I know that he would be very proud of his children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like seeing a tie. I bought a new suit for mine 45 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Curtiss. I agree that Phil is bursting with pride and smiling down on his whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! These are wonderful family photos. Enjoyed seeing the vintage photos of Phil. He is looking down with enormous joy and pride, I'm sure. Go get 'em, Curtis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...