Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Checking In, Checking Out

Hello, my friends.
 
I guess I owe you all an explanation of my recent absence, especially since some of you have contacted me outside of the blog to ask how things were going.
 
Doug's brother continues to grow stronger following the amputation of his lower left leg. But life is going to change for him, and the process is keeping Doug and me very busy. So busy, in fact, that I've decided to suspend the blog indefinitely.
 
First, though, because you've all been so supportive, I want to bring you up to date.
 
Because Veterans Affairs is unable to make Dennis' old apartment wheelchair accessible, Dennis is going to have to find a new place to live. And, because he's in rehab, he's unable to look for a new apartment. So that search will fall to Doug and me.
 
We have a meeting today with the staff at the V. A. hospital, where Dennis had his surgery and is now undergoing physical and occupational therapy. After that meeting, we'll have a better idea of what we need to look for in an apartment for him. Then the search will begin in earnest.
 
Meanwhile, we've been taking care of life's little details for him and visiting and encouraging him as much as possible, as well as managing things here at home. That has left no time for keeping up my own blog or visiting yours.
 
So, my kind friends, after checking in with you via this post, I'll be checking out of blogging indefinitely. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday; but for all intents and purposes, I'll bid you farewell.
 
Thanks for being the great encouragers that you've been for me during my three and a half years in the blogosphere.
 
I've said it before, but it deserves repeating...you're the best!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Keep writing (even if its sporadic)
    It will help Doug's brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to see you leave the blogging world,but I do understand. May God bless you as you serve Him by serving others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally understand how your focus has needed to shift. you have had your hands full - and it sounds like it will continue for a while, as this certainly is a life change for your brother-in-law!

    bless you, dear linda. for your friendship, for your blogging, for your sincere care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many bloggers are leaving...so sad. Now you are one of them. And a dear one at that. But I do understand! I still have you, Doug and Dennis on my prayer list. Just prayed this morning. Thanks for the update so I know what to ask for more specifically. Hope we can stay in touch. God bless, Linda. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my dear friend, you'll be back. Of this, I have no doubt.

    I'm glad that Dennis is getting stronger and I'm sorry that the course of his recovery must take such a big bite out of your time, energy and focus. You're such a good person for giving so much of yourself to your brother in law.

    But things will settle down. And you'll start clicking your camera again. And you'll start thinking in terms of sharing with the rest of us. Even if we have to come there and drag you back into the Blogosphere.

    We'll be in touch, Linda. And you'll come back to blogging. No maybe about it. Blogging and you were made for one another.

    Hugs and love to you. And best thoughts for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll certainly miss you, but I completely understand. You and Doug must be nearly overwhelmed. Please know that even if you may not be blogging, you are still in our prayers and we are still proud to call the two of you friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda! I tried to visit one day, and I got a screen saying your blog was not public anymore, and I'd have to be 'invited.' Well, I think that must have been a default screen.
    You are going to be very busy, that's for sure. What a blessing you will be for your brother-in-law, but I know it's going to be a lot of work too.
    I'm so happy that I got to know you. What a crazy thing that you were stuck in my sister's home town. I really enjoyed following your trip, and getting to know you better too. I pray that your brother-in-law will improve a bit each day, and that your efforts will result in a good place for him to be.
    Go get 'em Linda. I know you'll be tireless and loving.
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  8. I figured since I hadn't heard from you that you were busy with Doug's brother... My only question is: What about his kids? Can't they take some responsibility??? BUT--I know that you and Doug are doing what you need to do...

    I had Gallbladder Surgery a week ago today --and have had a rough week. I'm better --but it's been harder than I thought it would be.. BUT--each day gets a little better, so I guess I just need to remain patient.

    Stay in touch.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, we totally understand your need to suspend your blogging and wish you all the best in your efforts to help your brother-in-law. Your posts will be missed though, probably more than you would imagine. I've enjoyed them immensely since I found you just months ago. We'll be heard eager to read if you find your way back to blogland. The Lord Bless and Keep You!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is all about priorities and I understand your decision, but I have enjoyed the positive message of your blog and will miss you, even while I cross my fingers hoping for your return. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I'm so sorry to hear you'll be leaving us! But I totally understand your reasoning. Sometimes I think I spend way too much time at this computer posting on my blog and commenting on others. It's fun, informative and rewarding, but very time consuming. I hope to see you back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, as you know, I will miss you! However, I fully comprehend! Blog must take a back seat to what is happening in your life right now. Sending you all much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice that he has you to help. I have missed hearing from you and will continue keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope everything will return to some sort of normal soon for you guys. I can totally understand why you would need a break from blogging. But you can always count on us to be there for you, even if it's just over the internet. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to check in again to see if everything is ok. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are well off. Hopefully you can return to blogland soon. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda, I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often and I hope that things are going well for you. Sending you a warm hug and much love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...