Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Gospel Concert

The Collingsworth Family

The photo above was taken at a dinner concert that we attended last night with friends, Dave and Kay.

Doug and I had first seen the Collingsworth Family in a performance at Word of Life Conference Center in Hudson, Florida, back in February of 2012. Then, last September, Dave and Kay, went with us to see them in concert about an hour away from home. Last night, the four of us went together to the dinner concert, which was held in the same town as last September's concert, but in a different location.

Each time we've seen this family perform, we've enjoyed them even more than the previous time. It just keeps getting better and better. The group consists of Mom (Kim) and Dad (Phil) and their three daughters and one son. All sing and play instruments. Two of the daughters play violin beautifully. Kim is amazing on the piano. She has to be seen to be believed.

I shot some video last night, but all of it is a little shaky and not a lot of fun to watch in spite of the wonderful music. But, thanks to YouTube, I found a little better quality video to share with you here.

This video was made a couple of weeks ago as the family ministered in concerts in Norway and Sweden. The words to this song have always held special significance to me because they so reflected my own feelings after I became a Christian at the ripe old age of 34, back in 1979. I hope you enjoy it. So you won't miss any of those meaningful words, I'll put them beneath the video.



The Collingsworth Family singing "At Calvary"

At Calvary

Years I spent in vanity and pride, Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died On Calvary.

Refrain:
Mercy there was great, and grace was free; Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty At Calvary.

By God’s Word at last my sin I learned; Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned To Calvary.

Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything, Now I gladly own Him as my King,
Now my raptured soul can only sing Of Calvary!

Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan! Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span At Calvary!

It's my prayer that each of you has experienced, or soon will experience, the joy of knowing that the Lord who was crucified at Calvary did it willingly...for you...and for me.

Wishing you all a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.



9 comments:

  1. i'm glad you've gotten to see their performances several times. they have beautiful voices raised for God's praise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and I can only say "amen" to everything you stated, Linda! The entire family radiates the love of Jesus Christ! A person looking on could not doubt the fact the Holy Spirit is in their lives. We loved Kim's testimony, given by her husband, Phil, that when Kim was little she humbly asked the Lord ten times for a special gift, and he granted that prayer and gave her perfect pitch. If you listen to this talented woman of God her gift came from Him because she never had a lesson. PTL!

    Thank you, Linda, for the beautiful post so well written and the song so beautifully sung. It was a blessed evening we will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How glorious, Linda! They have beautiful voices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This family is extremely talented. My first time to see them in person was in July at the music festival I went to.Those dinner concerts seem to be popular in your country. Sure wish Canada would catch on to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing can beat live music. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this. They were wonderful, and such beautiful harmony!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Linda love this song and know it in English. Very talented family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that song - our hope in such a great gift.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...